Victron Energy Battery Monitor BMV-712 BLACK Smart - with built-in Bluetooth
Battery Monitor BMV-712 BLACK Smart - with built-in Bluetooth
- customize settings,
- monitor all important data on single screen,
- view historical data, and to
- update the software when new features become available.
- Battery voltage, current, power, ampere-hours consumed and state of charge
- Remaining time at the current rate of discharge
- Programmable visual and audible alarm
- Programmable relay, to turn off non critical loads or to run a generator when needed
- 500 Amp quick connect shunt and connection kit
- Shunt selection capability up to 10.000 Amps
- VE.Direct communication port
- Stores a wide range of historical events, which can be used to evaluate usage patterns and battery health
- Wide input voltage range: 6,5 – 70V
- High current measurement resolution: 10 mA (0,01A)
- Additional input to measure voltage (of a second battery), temperature or midpoint voltage, and corresponding alarm and relay settings
Victron Energy BMV-712 BLACK Smart Battery Monitor
The essential function of the Victron battery monitor BMV-712 Smart (color: black) is to calculate ampere hours consumed and the state of charge of a battery.
With Bluetooth built-in, the Victron BMV 712 BLACK Smart is ready for the Internet of Things (IoT) era. With Bluetooth being implemented in most other Victron Energy products, wireless communication between products will simplify system installation and enhance performance.
Download the Victron Bluetooth app
Use a smartphone or other Bluetooth enabled device to...
Easy installation of the BMV-712 BLACK Smart
All electrical connections are to the quick connect PCB on the current shunt. The shunt connects to the battery monitor with a standard RJ12 telephone cable.
Included: RJ 12 cable (10 m) and battery cable with fuse (2 m); no other components needed. Also included are a separate front bezel for a square or round display appearance, a securing ring for rear mounting and screws for front mounting.
Midpoint voltage monitoring
One bad cell or one bad battery can destroy a large, expensive battery bank. When batteries are connected in series, a timely warning can be generated by measuring the midpoint voltage. Please see the BMV manual,section 5.2, for more information.
Victron Energy recommends the Battery Balancer (BMS012201000) to maximize service life of series-connected lead-acid batteries.
Very low current draw from the battery
Current consumption: 0,7Ah per month (1mA) @12V and 0,6Ah per month (0,8mA) @ 24V
Especially Li-ion batteries have virtually no capacity left when discharged until low voltage shutdown.
After shutdown due to low cell voltage, the capacity reserve of a Li-ion battery is approximately 1Ah per 100Ah battery capacity. The battery will be damaged if the remaining capacity reserve is drawn from the battery. A residual current of 10mA for example may damage a 200Ah battery if the system is left in discharged state during more than 8 days.
Bi-stable alarm relay
Prevents increased current draw in case of an alarm.
Downloads - Victron BMV-712 BLACK Smart
Datasheet (PDF, 440 KB)
Victron Connect BMV App Discovery Sheet (PDF, 525 KB)