Benning PV 2 (050422) PV- Installation Tester
- Test in accordance with DIN EN 62446 (VDE 0126-23) and DIN EN 61829 (VDE 0126-24)
- simple - operation via buttons with AUTO test blue
- fast - test in a few seconds
- safe - contacting via PV connectors
- Clear and clear display of all measurement results
- safe measuring connection even with energy supply of the PV system
- Automatic test procedures for characteristic curve measurement with or without RISO test
- Display of Uo / c, Umpp, Is / c, Impp, Fill factor (FF) and RISO with good / bad display
- Insulation measurement with 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V test voltage
- separate insulation resistance measurement via 4 mm test leads for testing PV cables, etc.
- automatic display of the voltage polarity with acoustic / visual warning in case of wrong polarity
- Zeroing of the test leads so that they do not affect the measuring resistor
- Data memory for 999 displays (PV strings)
- USB interface and download software BENNING SOLAR Datalogger for downloading measured values in CSV format
- integrated real-time clock for storing measured values with date and time stamp
- Wireless connection "WirelessSunLink" to irradiation and temperature measuring device BENNING SUN 2
- direct connection to all PV modules with MC4 or "Sunclix" connector
- easy handling for off-grid and mobile exams
- LC display with backlight
- automatic shutdown (individually adjustable from 1 to 10 minutes)
- The test may refer to PV modules, PV strings or the complete PV system
- optional PC software BENNING SOLAR Manager (Part No. 050423) for the creation of test reports and characteristic curve documentation
- free app BENNING PV Link (Android device with NFC required)
- Protective conductor resistance measurement with 200 mA test current
- No-load voltage measurement (Uoc) of the solar modules / PV strings up to 1000 V DC
- safe and user-friendly short-circuit current measurement (Isc) up to 15 A DC via an internal wiring
- Insulation resistance measurement between the shorted active DC conductors (+/-) and ground with adjustable test voltage (250 V, 500 V, 1000 V)
- Separate two-pole insulation resistance measurement via 4 mm measuring cable up to 300 MOhm
- Measurement of current-voltage characteristic (I-U) and power characteristic (P-U)
- Display of voltage (Umpp), current (Impp) at the maximum power point (mpp) and fill factor (FF)
- Function test by current measurement up to 40 A AC / DC (optional current clamp adapter BENNING CC 3, Item No. 044038)
- Display and storage of the solar radiation (W / m2) and the PV module / ambient temperature (optional BENNING SUN 2, Part No. 050420)
PV installation tester and characteristic curve meter for commissioning, retesting and performance evaluation of photovoltaic systems
Before commissioning and during repeat tests, a photovoltaic system must be safety-checked and documented in accordance with DIN EN 62446 (VDE 0126-23). Furthermore, even after cleaning and maintenance electrical measurements make sense to continue to guarantee optimal and low-loss as possible function of the photovoltaic system.
The test includes the continuity test of the protective and equipotential bonding conductors between the PV generator and main earthing terminal, measurement of the open circuit voltage and the short-circuit current in the PV string and the insulation resistance between the active DC conductors (+ / -) of the PV array and ground. The BENNING PV 2 uses touch-protected test leads with standardized connectors for direct connection to PV modules or strands. The automatic test sequence warns against incorrect DC polarity and adopts all necessary circuits for safe measurement.
Measuring the current-voltage characteristic at the place of use in accordance with DIN EN 62446 (VDE 0126-23) is a practical method for assessing the performance of photovoltaic systems. The measured IU characteristics are converted to STC conditions (Standard Test Conditions) via evaluation tools, such as the BENNING SOLAR Manager PC software and the Android APP BENNING PV Link, and can be used with an integrated PV module database with the nominal PV module data to be compared by the manufacturer. Deviations and performance reductions are clearly recognized and can be documented accordingly. Furthermore, the course of an I-U characteristic gives useful information about the status of a PV system and indicates possible errors.
All these tests can be carried out easily and quickly as well as reliably and safely with the photovoltaic installation tester and BENNING PV 2 characteristic curve measuring device. This device is recommended to the solar technician, photovoltaic expert and service, cleaning and maintenance teams.