Varta Element Backup 6/S5 with 6,5kWh
This grid-connected complete AC system includes 1 battery modules and thus has a total capacity of 13kWh.
It has an integrated 3-phase battery inverter and offers an emergency power function for selective consumers, which can be implemented using the VARTA emergency power box.
In the event of a power failure, the energy storage device automatically switches to emergency power mode.
In addition, the VARTA element also offers black start capability.
Thanks to practical plug & play technology, the complete system can be installed quickly and easily in any home.
It enables direct communication with different PV inverters without additional hardware.
If required, the storage capacity can be expanded at any time by connecting up to five VARTA energy storage devices with the VARTA Link or the VARTA pulse neo.
The Varta Element Backup series offers 3 capacity sizes that can be expanded at any time: ELEMENT BACKUP 6 with 6.5 kWh
ELEMENT BACKUP 12 with 13kWh
ELEMENT BACKUP 18 with 19.5kWh
Made in Germany
As a traditional German company, Varta offers independence from the market.
They innovate their own products and technology.
Unfortunately, the market is characterized again and again by spontaneous and mostly unannounced price fluctuations and delivery bottlenecks to Germany.
That can't happen at Varta.
- Complete system nominal capacity 6,5 kWh including battery module 1x 6.5 kWh
- Battery: lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide (NMC), depth of discharge 90%;
- Security, multi-level, hardware and software redundant cell monitoring
- Max. AC power charging / discharging 2,2 / 1,8 kW; integrated 3-phase battery inverter and power electronics
- Rated current emergency power operation 5.8 A per phase; Overload emergency power operation max. 12 A per phase; Changeover time in emergency power mode < 90 seconds
- Protection class IP22, mains connection 400 V AC, 3-phase balanced, 50 Hz (TN and TT networks)
- Cooling: Temperature-dependent fan control
- Noise emission typical/max.: 42 dBA / 49 dBA
- Installation inside the house, ambient temperature +5 degrees to +30 degrees
- System guarantee: 10 years (permanent internet connection), 5 years (without internet connection)
- Warranty on battery cells: Warranty: 10 years or 4,000 cycles (residual capacity 80%, see manufacturer's warranty for details)
- EMS VS-Pro 2 energy management system, power measurement via current sensor (included in scope of delivery)
- Visualization of production data and dynamic active power limitation via Sunspec
- Visualization via VARTA Storage App for Android and iOS, web portal and local web server
- Hardware interfaces: RJ45 (Ethernet), 2x RJ12 (current sensor + PV sensor)
- Smart Home interfaces: XML, Modbus TCP, Sunspec
- Switch contacts for load and generator control (Rutenbeck TCR IP 4)
- Backup power functionality including automatic switching and black start (via separately available VARTA emergency power box)